11:25 AM

Malani's 1st Birthday Party!

My best friend's little girl had her first birthday party this past week and I got to bake her zebra themed cake and help out with the photo booth and pictures of the party!  This little one is soooo loved, I was happy to get to spend the day with her!

I have never worked with fondant, but this is what the momma wanted, so I did my best.  AJ aka, Hubby, helped out tremendously with rolling out the fondant (even though he gave me all the credit for the cake).

I decided to buy the black fondant because I didn't want to go through the process of dying it black.  I made homemade fondant for the pink and the white, which was surprisingly easy and a lot cheaper.  A store bought fondant (one color) will run you $12, the homemade version came out to about $4 per color. 

Also, I went the extra mile and made the inside of the cake zebra stripped and it was also very easy, a little more time consuming, but so worth it:) 

 


 
We all had a great day celebrating this little one:)
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts