Brooklyn's Nursery

12:46 PM

With Pinterest how does one ever decide on a nursery theme?!?!   This is our first child and a girl, so I felt a little overwhelmed with all my options.  I ultimately decided on a white, pink and gold theme.  I love owls, but didn't want to overwhelm the room with all owl everything, so we mixed in some feathers and other animals. I absolutely love how it came out, I think it is my favorite room in the house!



The night stand has been in my family for several generations, we just sanded it down, painted it white and put on a new drawer pull:) 



I made the wall art with some cheap frames that I spray painted gold and traced baby animals onto
gold craft paper.







The saying above Brooklyn's crib is from a the book "I Love You Forever", which was a book my mom read to my sisters and I and then gifted to me. The curtains were hand made by my Aunt Shelly.  I found the idea on Etsy, but they were almost $80 a panel.  Luckily, my aunt is a wiz with the sewing machine and she took care of them for me:) They make the room, in my opinion! I found this gold bin at Target, which holds her blankets, on sale $11 off of $30!

I was originally looking for gold polka dot wall decals but didn't want to spend that much on them.  So, AJ found a living social to Wallums and they had these fabulous feathers, which I like so much more than the dots.  We put them throughout the room and I am so in love with them! 



We added some floating shelves for her video monitor and some fun details.  The giraffe mom and baby below were in mine and my sister's room when we were little.  A fresh coat of gold spray paint on them and the owl and we were set!  My sister-in-law gave me the two lambs which were in her childhood room and the care bare was given to me by Brooklyn's namesake (my sister)...I love having so many sentimental items in her nursery and I am sure down the road Brooklyn will appreciate the history:)


The below gold tree was actually décor from one of our baby showers and at first, I just had it sitting on the floor.  While I was searching Pinterest for head band storage ideas, it hit me that I could use the limbs and it is perfect!!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts