AJ's 30th Surprise Party 6.10.12

3:27 PM

We had a wonderful time celebrating AJ's 30th Birthday at Hurricanes Grill & Wings on June 10th, 2012.  He was actually surprised...I was so proud we all hid this from him for so long.  The theme of the party was "AJ's Dirty 30 & a Little Bit Nerdy".  I tried to make everything technology themed, we had: Binary Code Cupcakes, XBox/Droid Centerpieces to hold the balloons, an upgraded to version 30.0 banner and I wore a "I <3 My Nerd shirt!  The food and the company was awesome.  My first successful surprise party!



I made the centerpieces out of large coffee canisters that my co-worker gave to me.  I used the same technology themed pattern I used for the invites, printed out on long paper and cut to size then I added the droid and Xbox logo.

I got this idea from Pinterest http://elizabethkartchner.com/, this is the Dear Lizzy blog and she is amazing!  The banner cost me $6.00 to make and only took about and hour :)


I have been wanting to make this shirt for a long time and this was the perfect opportunity! It cost me about $5.  I used and old tank and bought a bleach pen and contact paper.  I made my own stencil by printing out a reversed image and tracing on the contact paper.  Here is the tutorial http://www.plumadorable.com/bleach-pen-love-t-shirts-free-svg/.  It was super easy.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts