Small but Fabulous Organized Entryway

3:57 PM

 


I am so excited about our latest home project...this is something I have been wanting (but couldn't decide on the details... until now) for a long time!  It took us a day and a half to finish this project.

I love our old house but sometimes it can seem a little small, so I knew I needed to maximize every inch.  For the hallway I wanted a place for: umbrellas...I mean this is Florida we are talking about, purses, coats/jackets, dog leashes and shoes.  Below is my inspiration photo.

I went with gold to match the legs of the bench.  I painted all my hooks and picture frames to tie it all together.  AJ and I built this shelf out of wood and molding.  I painted it white, hung the hardware and voila!

I am so in love with having photos on the walls!  This is because our house is all brick which makes hanging things much more difficult and your had better be sure you want what ever it is hung there, cause once your drill through brick, there is no going back:)

STILL TO DO: I am still searching for a large antique looking mirror for the wall opposite the shelf.  Mirrors are after all, a small house's best trick to looking more spacious!  I am looking for a used mirror that I can re-finish in order to save money.

What do you think?

Supplies:
Spray Paint-(first coat on the hardware) Rustoleum Metallic
Martha Stewart Metallic Glaze (FYI...each coat has a 24 hour drying time!)
Hardware- Home Depot/Lowes
Rug- Lowes
Bench- Target
Frames- Target
Umbrella Basket- HomeGoods

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts